I’m Amy LeTourneur (pronounced la-turner), the author of the upcoming Kaleidoscope series, a five-part YA series that was born during National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) in 2016. I’m also passionate about teaching and encouraging other writers on their writing journeys, and I do this through weekly blog posts on my writing blog, Work in Progress. (Click on the blog tab above to check it out!)
Never one of the “cool kids” growing up (or now, to be honest 😉), I spent most of my younger years with my nose stuck in a book. I gallivanted through truffula trees with the Onceler, dreamed of immortality with Jesse Tuck, and cried with Ponyboy Curtis over the injustices of the world. These imaginary realms, both the fantastical and the all-too-real, became like home to me, and the desire to create my own worlds took root in my heart.
Despite my early love of writing, I focused most of my adult life on raising a family, leaving an untold number of outlines, story snippets, and half-finished manuscripts simmering on the back burner for “someday.” In the meantime, I homeschooled my four children and became a devoted lover of cozy campfires, British crime dramas, and tongue-in-cheek humor. My someday finally arrived when my youngest graduated from high school, and I’ve been writing the Kaleidoscope series and content for my blog ever since.
With my novels, I hope to bring a little light into the world with characters readers love (and those they love to hate), stories that tug at the heartstrings, and positive, uplifting messages. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.
Welcome to my sunny little corner of the world, my friend!
Weird and random stuff about me…
- My four adult children are my favorite people on the planet
- “Anybody want a peanut?” is one of my favorite movie quotes (and if you know which movie that’s from, then woot-woot! You’re my people!)
- I am terrified – terrified, y’all – of sharks, alligators, and any other creature capable of pulling me to a watery grave
- I’m descended from the noble elven folk of The Forest of….just kidding. No elf blood here, just elf ears. Yes, elf ears. My ears are pointed, but not in a sexy way like the elves in LOTR. Nope. Just plain old weird.
- The #1 item on my bucket list is to live full-time in an RV as I explore the US, write novels, and enjoy hiking, sunsets, and cozy campfires with my dogs. (Hence the dreamy Airstream photo.)